Americollect, Inc. (Americollect) is sensitive to privacy issues. We believe that it is important you know how we treat the information about you that we receive via our internet sites, Americollect.com and Americollectpay.com (sometimes referred to as the “Sites”), or through other channels. Americollect will not use or disclose any information in a manner that is prohibited by applicable laws and regulations.
Personal Information We Collect
Americollect has collected the following categories of personal information from individuals within the past twelve (12) months:
- Identifiers, such as real name, alias, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
- Personal information such as, signature, education, employment, employment history, credit card number, or any other financial information.
- When an account is transferred to Americollect the creditor provides a variety of information including, but not limited to: full name, date of birth, social security number, phone number, address, email address, account number, original creditor, current creditor, balance, payment history.
- Information collected when you communicate with us directly, whether you contact us by phone, email, sms, web applications, or other channel. For example, when you access Americollect web applications and fill out a form or sign up for a payment plan and provide information such as your first and last name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information and/or other personal identifying information.
- Information collected when you access Americollect emails or our web applications including, but not limited to Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), type of computer, operating system, date/time stamp, user interface interaction data (such as, but not limited to, any mouse clicks or navigation on our emails and web applications), uniform resource locator (URL) information (showing where you came from or where you go to next), email open rates, credit card, bank account information.
- Other information, including, but not limited to geolocation data and sensory data, such as call recordings; education information, including school name, dates of attendance, degree, major/minor; professional (or employment) related information.
- Inferences drawn from any of the information identified to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, behavior, attitudes, abilities, and aptitudes, including employee assessments for retention purposes, and consumer ability to pay.
The Sites are not designed for or intended for the use of persons under the age of 18. It is our policy that visitors to our Sites who are under the age of 18 should not post on or provide information to our Sites without the consent of their parents.
Using Personal Information
We (or our website host vendor) may use the personal information you provide for any of the following purposes: (1) to understand the use of our Sites; (2) to make improvements; (3) to respond to specific requests from visitors; (4) to provide any necessary notices to our visitors or their parent or guardians, where necessary; (5) to protect the security or integrity of our Sites when necessary; and (6) to send you communications regarding the Sites or our business; (7) to process payments and other authorized account activity; (8) to evaluate your candidacy and contact you, if you apply for a job at Americollect; or (9)
to verify your identity. For example, when you contact Americollect you will be asked to provide your personal information so that we can verify your identity. You can always refuse to supply personal information, except that we may not be able to communicate if we are unable to verify your identity.
In some of our emails we may use pixel tags. Depending on your email provider, pixel tags can enable us to tell whether the email has been opened. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not open our emails.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to webpages on the Sites and some linked to web pages on third party sites (see Third Party Websites below). We track this click-through data to ensure you can access information in the electronic form and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Sources of Personal Information
We receive your personal information from the party placing your account with Americollect for services.
We also receive information from you directly either through a phone call, text message, email correspondence and/or through visits to our web applications. We also sometimes receive information from third party vendors who help us confirm the validity of our information as it relates to address, phone number, bankruptcy, and deceased information. If you are a potential candidate for employment with Americollect, we may have received your personal information from a recruiter or external website.
Disclosure to Third Parties
We will not share your Personal Information with others, except as indicated below. We may share Personal Information with:
- Americollect’s Clients;
- Service providers including, but not limited to, payment processing, mailing, information verification, litigation, managing and enhancing customer data, improving our product and services;
- Consumer reporting agencies (a/k/a credit bureaus);
- law enforcement or judicial authorities pursuant to a court order, subpoena, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation;
- local, state or federal government authority or court when required by law;
- a consumer or third party in connection with the collection of a debt when permitted by law; and
- third parties with whom you authorize us to share your information with.
Some examples of how Americollect shares personal information include: for payment processing, we share your credit card or bank information to the card-issuing bank to complete the payment you authorized; for content delivery, we may share your email address, physical address, or phone number with the delivery service to deliver any communication, message, or requested account documents; for debt collection licensing, we share account information with state regulators conducting an audit pursuant to state or federal licensing statutes.
When we share information, we require those third parties to handle it in accordance with relevant laws. We also only share the minimum amount of information necessary for the third party to assist us in providing our services.
We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personally identifiable information with our clients, potential clients, and federal, state and local regulators regarding visitors and users, and their interaction with our products and services.
We do not sell personally identifiable information.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information in accordance with internal and regulatory requirements to fulfill our services, meet our contractual obligations, and to satisfy legal requirements.
How to update your records
It is your responsibility to provide us with a true, accurate and complete email address and other contact information, and to promptly provide us with any updates to your contact information. You may provide updated contact information to us by calling 888-303-3634 or emailing us at email@example.com.
How we protect your information
We have security measures in place to guard against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. If for some reason Americollect discovers that non-public personal information is the subject of a data security breach, we will comply with applicable laws and regulations to notify you of such a data security breach.
Third Party Websites
How we delete
We are required to keep your data due to the underlying contractual relationship between you and the creditor. We are also required to keep the personal information for legal reasons for as long as the statute of limitations period lasts for the type of account in collections and for other statutory obligations which sometimes are longer (such as a state licensing statute requiring us to maintain records for a certain period or the statute of limitations for a consumer financial law).
California Consumer Privacy Act
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), California residents may have the right to:
- Request that a business delete any personal information about the consumer which the business has collected via the Sites and other channels.
- Request that a business that collects personal information about the consumer disclose to the consumer, free of charge, the following:
- The categories of personal information that it has collected about that consumer.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information it has collected about that consumer.
- Request that a business that sells the consumer’s personal information, or that discloses it for a business purpose disclose, free of charge, to the consumer:
- The categories of personal information that the business collected about the consumer.
- The categories of personal information that the business sold about the consumer and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to whom the personal information was sold.
- The categories of personal information that the business disclosed about the consumer for a business purpose.
- Direct a business that sells personal information about the consumer to third parties not to sell the consumer’s personal information.
A request may be made by an authorized agent. If a consumer uses an authorized agent to make a request, the consumer must provide written permission for Americollect to respond to the authorized agent.
All requests must be verifiable; meaning that there must be enough identification information in the request so that Americollect may confirm that the person making the request is the same person about whom the request concerns. Americollect will verify the request by comparing the identifying information provided in the request with the information in our records. When submitting your request please include your name, mailing address, date of birth, and the last four digits of your social security number so that Americollect can verify and respond to your request.
All requests for information and to delete will be investigated by Americollect. Americollect will respond to your request or notify you if it cannot verify your request.
We believe that the type of services we provide are exempt from coverage under the CCPA. If you are a California resident and want to exercise CCPA rights please contact us toll free at 855-238-8524 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Americollect’s unique identifier is 908759 and the NMLS Consumer Access Website is https://www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org/
This policy was last updated on 12/10/2020.