In the final rule, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) addressed several areas, including:
- Genuine collection effort required
- New collection activity documentation requirements
- Timing of the 120-day collection period and what resets the clock
- Posting payments back to patient accounts
- Claiming Medicare accounts at collections for reimbursement
- How collection agency fees need to be accounted for
In this webinar, we will discuss how these changes will affect you, as well as the actions we are taking to help our clients comply with the new requirements.
Ridiculously Nice Legal Disclaimer
The content provided in this communication (“Content”) is presented for educational and general reference purposes only. Americollect, Inc and/or AmeriEBO LLC either directly or indirectly through speakers, independent contractors, or employees (collectively referred to as “Americollect”) is providing this Content as a courtesy to be used for informational purposes only. The Contents are not intended to serve as legal or other advice. Americollect does not represent or warrant that the Content is accurate, complete, or current for any specific or particular purpose or application. This information is not intended to be a full and exhaustive explanation of the law in any area, nor should it be used to replace the advice of your own legal counsel. By using the Content in any way, whether or not authorized, the user assumes all risk and hereby releases Americollect from any liability associated with the Content.