Number of Open Positions: 1
Work Site Location: Onsite – 1851 S. Alverno Rd. Manitowoc, WI 54220
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Manager drives and implements initiatives across multiple functional areas of HR, which may include recruitment, training and development, benefits/wellness and compensation, employee relations, performance management and succession planning, employment law and policy compliance, and HR analytics. This position achieves results and success through effectively leading the HR team and partnering with organizational leaders.
This position strives to increase organizational effectiveness, builds capacity and talent of the HR team, and leads strategy and tactics to positively impact overall business performance as measured by HR metrics.
Description of the Work Environment
Our culture at Americollect is simple: have fun, work hard, demand improvement of yourself and your teammates, and respect others. These aren’t just words at Americollect. You’ll see this in action everyday. And you’ll be rewarded for it!
We offer competitive benefits including: insurance and flexible spending accounts (FSA), paid time off after only 30 days, retirement plans, casual dress code, flexible work schedules, and more. Americollect has been named one of the best companies to work for in collections, nationwide every year since 2009!
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Manages, develops, and supports HR teammates in a variety of HR functional areas, with a strong focus on recruitment and retention efforts, organizational training and development, and employee relations.
- Assists the Director of Human Resources with evaluating the effectiveness of HR programs to ensure programs continue to meet their designed purpose. Makes recommendations regarding changes in policy and procedure, both within the HR department and organizationally.
- Provides advice and counsel to all levels of organizational leaders and the HR team regarding Human Resources practices, policies, and procedures. Reports analyses and observations to Director and other senior leaders, as appropriate.
- Participates in the research and successful implementation of a variety of HR initiatives and solutions to achieve individual, team, and company goals. This includes working independently and collaboratively on complex special projects in a variety of human resources functional areas. Leads the project management life cycle for initiatives, including project planning, resource allocation, project communication and successful project execution.
- Coaches teammates on developing and executing recruitment and marketing strategies for exempt and nonexempt employees. May lead and/or perform high-level recruiting assignments. Provides training, guidance, and an outlined process to support leaders through the recruitment life cycle. Facilitates the “Red Carpet Recruiting” experience for applicants, hiring leaders, and other recruitment partners.
- Participates in and may lead benefits design and review processes supporting organizational talent acquisition and retention objectives, including vendor selection. May also influence benefits communication strategies to educate employees toward making well-informed decisions.
- Supports and empowers leaders through a wide variety of employee-relations situations, which includes coaching leaders to success. Investigates complaints and other confidential issues related to the full employment life cycle, particularly higher risk cases.
- Develops individual and functional goals, objectives, and systems. This includes developing, maintaining and continuously improving efficiencies and strategy for the HR team. This also includes serving as a coach and mentor to team members.
- Delegates appropriately, setting clear expectations and measures of success aligned with department and organizational results.
- Interprets policies and procedures and applies judgment of applicant for the business, including advising leaders as necessary. Assists in the development, implementation, and communication of policies and procedures, including the Employee Handbook. Maintains records of policy changes.
- May assist with vendor procurement, including leading the RFP process, negotiations, and selection. May maintain relationship with vendor(s).
- May serve on employee committees, such as the Coworker Experience Committee, Policy Committee, or other relevant committees. May be asked to attend and/or contribute expertise in committee meetings.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and/or participating in professional societies.
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government regulations affecting human resources and the organization. Ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Evaluates reports, decisions, and results of the department in relation to established goals supporting evidence-based decision making. Recommends innovative approaches, policies, and procedures to continually improve the efficiency of the department and organization.
- Participates in administrative staff meeting as well as organizational meetings and external training sessions and seminars as requested/needed.
- Performs all duties above with the highest level of integrity and confidentiality
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or business-related field, or relevant experience
- 5 years of experience working in an HR Generalist capacity or other similar HR-related role in an office setting, plus
- 2 years of leadership experience, preferably in HR
- PHR, SHRM-CP or other related designation strongly preferred
- Ability to lead and coach others to high performance
- Excellent interpersonal skills with all levels of an organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to build effective relationships and work in a team environment
- Demonstrated project management skills, from planning to execution
- Respectfully challenges the status quo while generating creative ideas and solutions
- Ability to work effectively across teams; leads by example and actively listens and respects others’ viewpoints
- Ability to delegate appropriately, setting clear expectations
- Ability to self-manage and effectively prioritize work
- Ability to navigate periods of high volume work and/or expectations
- High level of discretion and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- High attention to detail
- Positive Attitude
- Team Oriented
- Process Design & Development
- Consumer Needs, Assessments & Solutions
This is an office/call center environment with a moderate noise level. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently sitting for long periods of time and typing, entering data and reading on a computer.
is the policy of Americollect to give an equal opportunity to all qualified
persons without regard for race, color, ethnicity, age, sex, sexual
orientation, religion, national origin or any other characteristic protected
under the law. To deny anyone the opportunity to contribute to our efforts for
any reason other than capability to perform a job is an injustice not only to
that individual, but to Americollect and the community as well. It is the
intent and desire of Americollect that an equal opportunity be offered in
employment, wages, promotions, benefits, and all other privileges, conditions,
and terms of employment.