Ridiculously Nice Collection Specialist
Click here to apply
Number of Open Positions: 10
Work Site Location: Onsite – 1851 S. Alverno Rd. Manitowoc, WI 54220
The primary objective is to assist consumers by helping prioritize their credit life and money management over the phone.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Description of the Work Environment:
Our culture at Americollect is simple: have fun, work hard, demand improvement of yourself and your teammates, and respect others. These aren’t just words at Americollect. You’ll see this in action everyday. And you’ll be rewarded for it!
We offer competitive benefits including: insurance and flexible spending accounts (FSA), paid time off after only 6 months, retirement plans, flexible work schedules, and more. 70% of the employees at Americollect are collectors. Americollect was named one of the best companies to work for in collections, nationwide, for 8 years running (2009-Present).
- Make outbound calls to and take inbound calls from consumers to collect the accounts they have open in our office
- Partner with consumer and offer options to help them organize and prioritize their credit life and money management
- Negotiate repayment terms that work for both the consumer, client and company
- Obtain and enter accurate demographic or other pertinent information into database
- Refer accounts to other departments when necessary
- Utilize a variety of systems and web-based tools to research and resolve consumer concerns
- Comply with State and Federal Laws governing the collection industry
- Set accurate individual goals to meet key performance standards to ensure continual growth
- Review phone calls and receive positive and improvement feedback to help meet individual goals
- Acquire knowledge on changes related to the database, processes, and dialogue
- High School Diploma – Required
- Previous experience as a collector is a plus but not required, any additional training will be provided.
- Ability to keyboard 45 wpm. Excellent typing and talking skills.
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus
- Maintain a positive team player attitude
- Quick thinker
- Assertive & resilient
- Pleasant phone voice & positive tone
- Ability to multi task
- Great listening skills
- Sustain high level of confidentiality
- Maintain team approach guiding fellow teammates to grow as individuals
- Ability to problem solve and share knowledge with fellow teammates
- Comply with Americollect Ridiculously Nice dialogue expectations
Average first year Collection Specialists can earn $12.60 to $14.87 an hour or $26,200 to $30,900 yearly which includes hourly wage and monthly bonus!
- 8:30am – 5:00pm Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday
- 12:30pm – 9:00pm Wednesday
- 10:30am – 7:00pm Friday
- 8:30am – 5:00pm Monday, Wednesday, & Friday
- 10:30am – 7:00pm Tuesday
- 12:30pm – 9:00pm Thursday
- 10:30am – 7:00pm Monday – Friday
- Positive Attitude
- Team Oriented
- Process Design & Development
- Consumer Needs, Assessments & Solutions
This is an office/call center environment with a moderate noise level. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently sitting for long periods of time and typing, entering data and reading on a computer.
Click here to apply